Scandinavian women, seem to have that enviable youthful glow at all ages. (I mean look at Ela hosk!) What is it about these Nordic locations that result in such clear, firm skin? The Arctic represents one of the harshest and most unfriendly climate conditions on the planet, yet these women manage to look flawlessly beautiful, let’s find out their beauty secrets!
1. Their Diet :
Traditional Swedish diets are not only high in fish, they’re high in fiber, free-radical fighting nutrients, vitamins and minerals. So no matter your skin type or complexion, incorporating Nordic staples into your daily diet will give your skin a boost. Nordics consume salmon which is high in omega-3 fatty acids, which protect the skin from signs of aging while supporting its current skin matrix. Their everyday meal includes lots of vegetables which are packed with vitamins. They also consume their anti oxidants like a ritual, fruits like blueberries, blackberries, raspberries are their favourites.
2. Sun protection : The Arctic is known for its very long and very cold winters, but when the sun is up they are very concerned about protecting their skin from damaging UV-rays and lather up suncreen generously.
3. They take extreme care of their hands and feet :
4. They have sauna parties :
Swedish models Elizabeth and Victoria Lejonhjärta admitted their beauty ritual included spending time at the sauna. “It helps you relax, charges up your superpowers, and takes your skin and hair to level 100,” they told Vogue. The Lejonhjärtas like to spice up their sauna session by inviting a group of friends. “Our favourite thing is to have sauna parties, where we give our skin a boost while having fun,” they said. Only in Sweden. Now you know relaxation is the key!
5. They use alternative oils :
Our life may revolve around olive and coconut oil but they have different choices, Swedish women prefer cooking with rapeseed oil, which is loaded with skin-loving vitamin E. Swedish model Kelly Gale says she owes her soft skin to slathering avocado oil all over after showering! Quite a tip!
6. They use Turmeric :
This pricey spice is one of nature’s most powerful ingredients, and the Swedes take full advantage. turmeric contains a wide range of antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, anticarcinogenic, antimutagenic and anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains many skin care properties like treating acne and fighting wrinkles! Hence, Swedish blogger Nicole Lea relies on the turmeric-based mask below.
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. milk
- 1 tsp. tumeric
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon coconut oil.
- in 1 teaspoon of milk and 1 teaspoon of turmeric, and mix until you have a paste.
- Apply the paste to your skin, let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes, and rinse.
7. They stay happy : healthy living is the foundation of happiness. Scandinavian countries are on top when it comes to statistics for happiness. I believe that you stay healthy through what you eat, how you exercise, how you treat your skin, and surrounding yourself with positive people. Scandinavian women have discovered this code and this is something all women can learn from.