Before I start my article I want to genuinely thank the person who came up with the idea of dry shampoo! I mean this is something every girl always wished for, there are days your too lazy or busy and don’t have enough time for a shampoo, this is a life saver during that time.
What is dry shampoo : Dry shampoo is all about cleaning your hair WITHOUT water, you can’t really wash your hair without water but it does help you get rid of the excess oil from your scalp. when you don’t shampoo for a two days or more the scalp naturally secrete oil which makes the hair looks greasy, dry shampoo makes your hair looks fresh and oil free, I would always say shampoo is best way to clean off your hair but for days you run out of time or looking for a quick fix then this is it! The market is filled with dry shampoo’s but they can be pricey and contain things like “isobutane, butane and propane. This article is all about making your dry shampoo experience Guilt free and more natural.
Dry shampoo Ingredients :
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons ground oatmeal
- Unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- 5 drops of essential oil of your choice
- Old makeup brush
- Put the drops of essential oil into the arrowroot or cornstarch and mix with a spoon. Store the mix in a small jar or old powder container.
- Apply with an old make-up brush to the roots or oily parts of your hair. comb the powder through your hair and style as usual.
- For blonde hair, simply combine the cornstarch and oatmeal and blend until you get a fine, powder like consistency.
- For dirty blonde, brown or red hair, add a teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder and blend. Keep adding more until you get a shade that matches your hair color.
DIY Wet/Dry Spray Shampoo for Light or Dark Hair :
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vodka or rubbing alcohol or witch hazel
- Essential oils or a spritz of your favorite perfume to scent