I love hair care products, there is nothing more exciting than trying all natural home made shampoo! Hair care treatments doesn’t necessarily needs to be a salon session, you can achieve great results with simple natural ingredients at home!
1. Aloe Vera shampoo :
- 1/4 cup aloe vera gel
- 1/4 cup castile soap
- Vitamin E oil- 1/2 teaspoon
- Few drops of essential oil (optional)
Place the above ingredients in a clean squeezy bottle and enjoy all natural chemical free shampoo!
2. Green tea shampoo :
Steep green 4 tea bags in a cup of hot water for 25 minutes and then let it cool down. Now add 1 cup of green tea water to 1 cup Castile soap and one tbsp of olive/almond in the mixture. You can also add a few drops of essential oil like lavender or rose oil to add a fresh fragrance. Use this shampoo instead of using a chemical one. This shampoo will not only cleanse your hair but nourish them throughly.
3. Coconut milk shampoo :
- ¼ cup coconut milk (homemade or canned)
- 1/4 cup Liquid Castille Soap
- 10 drops of Essential Oils of choice like peppermint, lavender, rosemary or orange
- For dry hair: add ½ tsp olive or almond oil (optional)
This is such an amazing combination shared by wellnessmama, this is perfect for every hair type.
4. Honey shampoo :
- Castile Soap, Liquid- 1 cup
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Distilled Water- 1/4 cup
- Essential Oil- 5-10 drops (optional)
Mix together all ingredients and pour it into an empty shampoo bottle. Shampoo as you normally would and rinse well with cool water. If you have black hair (Bonus – regular use of honey might lighten your hair color)
5. Vinegar shampoo (for oily hair) :
- Apple Cider Vinegar- 1 Tablespoon
- Hot Water- 2 Cups
- Baking soda – 1/2 tbsp
- Essebtial Oil if your choice 10 drops (Optional)
Mix the ingredients all together in a bottle and add a few drops of essential oil into it and your shampoo is ready to use, shake well before use.
6. Baking soda shampoo :
Popularly known as no-poo method, This is the simplest DIY shampoo recipes but really good to remove the product build-ups and clean the scalp as well, Mix a tablespoon of baking soda along with 1 or 2 cups of water. Massage it on the wet hair as well as the scalp.
Things to remember :
- If you don’t have Castile soap you can use baby shampoo or a mild shampoo.
- Shake the shampoo before use and massage it into the scalp for at least 1 minute before you rinse off.
- DONOT use essential oil if pregnant or consult your doctor.
- Some shampoo may work some may not as we all have different hair, go ahead and Experiment till you get your perfect match, you can try adding other natural ingredients like honey, hair oils, aloe vera, dried herbs and essential oils of your choice.