Just like your face, your body needs exfoliation too, you may have heard of body scrubs but today we talkin about dry brushing.
Your skin is your largest organ, you can add dry brushing to your morning routine that can greatly improve your skin’s health, dry brushing is not only good for your skin’s appearance, but the benefits are beyond skin deep, offering whole body benefits to your health.
To get started, follow the simple steps below
- Purchase a natural (not synthetic) bristle brush with a long handle so can reach all areas of your body.
- Get naked and stand in a bathtub or preferably bathroom.
- Begin with brushing your feet and moving in long sweeping motions toward your heart. Always brush toward your heart.
- Brush several times in each area.
- Take care when you brush over more sensitive areas, like breasts. Your skin will become less sensitive the more you dry brush.
- Once you’ve brushed your entire body, jump in the shower
- After getting out of the shower, pat dry skin and apply a natural fruit oil like rose hip/coconut oil or any good moisturiser
- You can dry brush almost every day. clean your brush with soap and water once a week. Leave to dry in a clean, sunny spot.
Directions of Dry brushing :
Benefits of dry brushing :
1. It stimulates your lymphatic system : Your lymphatic system is the system responsible for eliminating cellular waste products. Dry brushing helps you remove toxins from the body.
2. Exfoliation : Dry skin brushing removes dead dry skin, improving appearance, clearing your clogged pores, and allowing your skin to “breathe.” This procedure guarantee’s you silky soft skin.
3. Reduces cellulite : Dry brushing is also said to help reduce cellulite by removing toxins that may break down connective tissue. This is one of the most effective way to reduce appearance of cellulite
4. Improve Digestion and Kidney Function : Dry skin brushing may go even deeper, helping to support your digestion and organ function. According to one skin care and spa experts.