Dry feet is the biggest cause for a women to avoid flip flops and sandals, with today’s easy DIY treatments you can feel more comfortable and free in your summer flip-flop! Flaunt those beautiful feet at the beach! Keep reading for some of the most effective home treatments for baby soft feet!
- Soak your feet in warm soapy water, this will make your dead skin softer and easier to remove
- Scrub off the heels using a pumice stone or scholl velvet smooth (available online)
- Trim/file your nails if required
- Moisture your feet using a foot cream or a rich body butter.
- Wear a pair of socks before bed
- Repeat the process 2-3 times a week or in till your feet is softened
2. Lemon pedicure : Lemons helps to soften and remove the dry, dead skin cells accumulated on the surface of the feet. As lemons are acidic in nature it is great DIY pedi at home. lemons are also natural skin bleacher it will help to brighten up tanned skin. You can also as rose petals to make it look attractive! Lemons can be used in many ways in your at home pedi session I’m listing down a few below.
- Cut a lemon into two halves and then squeeze out its juice. Mix it with 5 tablespoons of sea salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Apply the mixture to your feet using lemon halve and massage gently in circular motions, then allow it to stay on for 15 minutes before washing it off with warm water. For best results, repeat this remedy 2 to 3 times a week.
- Cut a lemon into two halves. Dip one half in sugar and use it to scrub any hard or rough area on your feet and hands in circular motions. Repeat this treatment 2 times a week.
- Squeeze 3-4 lemons and pour it into a basin of warm water. Soak your feet in the solution for 10-15 minutes and then scrub your feet gently with a soft foot brush before patting them dry with a towel. Finish off by applying a moisturizing lotion or cream. Repeat 2-3 times each week for baby soft feet.
3. Coconut oil treatment : Coconut oil has rich moisturising properties this wonder food is good for your skin, hair and body. Coconut oil works best with dry hands and heels in addition it contains anti fungal properties and fights feet odour.
- Cleanse your feet with warm diluted Dettol water
- Dry your feet using a clean towel, then apply generous amount of coconut oil.
- Massage the oil for 3-4 minutes then wear a pair of socks and sleep.
- Repeat the treatment until desired results are achieved.
(You can also use Olive oil in the same manner)
- Mix 3 tablespoons of ground rice, 3 tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (white vinegar will as well work fine). If your feet are cracked, you may add 1 tablespoon of olive oil/coconut oil
- Mix the ingredients to make a paste and then apply it to your feet, leaving it on for 15 minutes
- Finish by washing the paste off with warm water
- Repeat this remedy till your feet are soft
5. Oat meal treatment :
- Pour 1 tablespoon of oatmeal into a small basin followed by a few drops of jojoba oil. Massage the feet in circular motions for few minutes with the paste,
- Wash the paste off with water after 20 minutes or so and then pat your feet dry with a towel.
- Mix 1 cup of ground oatmeal with 1 cup of flour, 1/4cup of honey, and ¼ cup of olive oil. Mix the ingredients thoroughly to make a paste with fine consistency and then apply it to clean feet.
- Massage the feet for a couple of minute
- Wash the paste off with warm water after 30 minutes and finish off by moisturizing your feet. Follow these steps twice to thrice a week for softer feet.