The normal age of graying hair for Asian people is mid 30 but for African and American people the age of graying hair is mid 40’s. Greying of hair is a natural process and every person has to face it. Let’s take this process positively (Proverbs 16:31 Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained in the way of righteousness.)
White hair also comes as the hair loses its pigmentation and turns white. However, genetic issues, poor diet, environmental pollution, heredity, illness are other factors also causes grey hair. Below are natural remedies to get rid of grey hair.
1. Coffee dye : This is the best dye you could do to your hair as coffee as no harsh chemicals as compared to the dye’s available in the market and it covers grey. It’s affordable and can be easily done at home.
one cup natural conditioner 4-5 spoons of organic coffee, mix the two in a bowl, stir well till the coffee dissolves, avoid metal bowl. Apply the mixture with the help of a hair brush. Wait for atleast an hour for desired results. DO NOT keep it any longer, as it dries off and can be tuff to remove. Rinse your hair with water till it turns clear. Repeat Regularly to keep your hair dyed.
2. Henna dye : henna is a natural dye and is used from ages. mix 3-4 tablespoons of henna with 1 tablespoon yogurt and 3-4 tablespoons of organic coffee
As henna can give a reddish colour that’s why it’s advisable to use coffee to give more natural looking dark brown hair colour. This mixture won’t work if you have colour treated hair. Do not use a metal container for mixing. Apply the mixture on your hair and leave atleast for 3-4 hours before washing.
3. Black tea dye : if you have black hair or desire black colour this can be helpful for you. You need a cup of black tea (without sugar and milk) brew it well and add 1 tbsp of salt in it. Mix well and apply it to the hair and scalp. After an hour rinse it with plain water. It will make your hair shiny and gorgeous. You can also use it as a natural conditioner.
4. Biotin rich diet : Consume food rich in biotin as it slows down the progression of grey hair, naturally. Foods rich in biotin are cow’s milk, goat’s milk, cucumbers, oats, and almonds,egg yolks, tomatoes, yeast, soybeans, walnuts, and carrots.
5. Acacia concinna (Shikakai) : Soak 3-4 pods of shikakai and 10-12 soap nut seeds in one jug of water, overnight. Boil it and store this in a bottle as a natural shampoo. Soak a few pieces of amla separately and boil it to use it as a conditioner. This remedy treats various hair problems, like hair greying, dullness, thinning, and hair fall.
6. Coconut Oil : This is a well-known medication for various skin problems, coconut oil, also helps in preventing the growth of grey hair. Massage coconut oil and lemon juice on the scalp to prevent grey’s and get healthy well nouried hair.