By- Shelja Francis
In western countries women’s are paying to get tan, there are tanning salons, tanning spray; available to get tan, meanwhile in India tan is not considered good and women prefer bright, fair complexion. There is is no natural way to get a fairer skin if you were born with a dark skin, but yes if you have summer tan, these packs can get you rid of it, and enhance your complexion. (Every skin, every complexion, every race has its own beauty and every women deserves respect)
1) Lemon and honey pack: when talking about removing tan you can never leave lemons alone, every pack will contain a lemon as they have excellent natural bleaching properties and enchances complexion. (If you’re skin is too sensitive and can’t handle lemons you can replace it tomatoes)
Method: take 1 teaspoon of honey and place it on lemon as shown in the picture, apply on the face/affected area and rotate on circular motions throughly. Wash it off with plain water after 30min. Apply 2-3 times a week or Can be done every day for quick results.
2) gram flour, milk and lemon: I’m sure every grandma suggest this pack, and it is very effective too.
Method: Mix the trio and apply generously and massage the affected area for Atleast 4-5 min, leave it for Atleast 30min wash it off with water. Can be done 3 times a week or daily for quick results.
3) Amala powder, curd water, lemon: these strong ingredients work miraculously together. To take curd water just take a spoon simply press the curd behind you could see water forming take 2-3 spoons of it. I opt curd water as my skin is oily and curd has moisturising properties, if your skin in dry you can take 1-2 teaspoons of curd.
4) orange and turmeric: take just a small pinch of turmeric as you don’t want to look pale next day.
Method: take 2 slices of orange then squeeze juice in a bowl, mix turmeric in it then apply on the affected area and scrub it in circular motions using orange slices. Wash it off after 30min. Can be used daily or 2-3 times a week.
5) fullers Earth (Multani mitti) rose water and lemon: this pack is very soothing, can be used if you have sun-burnt skin.